1 clove of garlic
45g fresh ginger
2 pieces of lemongrass
750ml coconut water
1 litre coconut milk (cream)
1 tsp turmeric, ground
Salt, a pinch
Lime juice, freshly squeezed, to taste
2 kaffir lime leaves
- Chop garlic and shallots into small cubes
- Peel and chop ginger very finely.
- Sweat garlic, ginger and shallots in a generous amount of sesame oil, in a heavy-bottomed pan over the heat. Be careful with this as sesame oil has a low burning point.
- Add the roughly chopped lemon grass and continue to sweat.
- Add the liquid ingredients – coconut water, coconut milk or cream.
- Add turmeric, salt, lime juice to season
- Add lime leaves.
- Boil for 30-45 minutes.
- Pass though a sieve and enjoy hot.
Recipe by Executive Chef, Paul Froggatt.