Tart Case Ingredients:
200g Brazil Nuts
50g Grated Coconut
100g Spelt Flour
40g Coconut Oil
80g Maple Syrup
10g Vanilla Paste
Dark Chocolate Ganache filling:
200g 70% Dark Chocolate
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees.
- Put the Brazil nuts on a roasting tray and lightly toast.
- Place the nuts and dry ingredients in to a food processor and process until fine.
- Pour the dry ingredients into a separate bowl, make a well in the centre and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix together to create a wet crumble.
- Mould the mixture into individual tart moulds (approx. 10cm diameter), lightly prick the inside with a fork and place in the fridge to chill for 20 minutes.
- Bake the tarts for 12-15 minutes until they are lightly golden brown.
- Remove tarts from the oven and leave to cool.
- Crack the egg into a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Bring the milk and cream to the boil; pour the milk and cream mixture over the egg while using a hand blender to combine.
- Pour the mixture back into the pan and using a thermometer, heat slowly until it reaches 80 degrees.
- Pour the hot mixture over the chocolate and blend with a hand blender until the chocolate is completely melted and comes together in a smooth ganache.
- Pour the warm ganache into the tart moulds until they are 1cm below the rim.
- Leave to set in the fridge for at least an hour or until fully set.
- Remove the tart from the oven at least an hour before you wish to eat it. Cut fresh cherries into the size and shape you desire and arrange on top of the tarts.