Spend a full day with a member of the local Maori Ngati Tuwharetoa tribe and learn about the culture and the spiritual significance of the Taupo area. The Atamai experience has been created exclusively for guests of Huka Lodge and provides a totally authentic, contemporary cultural exchange.
- Accommodation for two, for two nights in a riverside Junior Lodge Suite where a bottle of Tohu Vineyard wine awaits. One three-course lunch for two on arrival, and pre-dinner drinks with canapés, superb five-course dinners and full country breakfasts during your stay.
- Visit a contemporary Maori village, spend time with a tribal elder, with a personal question-and-answer session.
- A scenic Spa Park walk to Huka Falls, with transfers.
- You can cook your lunch in the ancient geothermal cooking geysers and enjoy a picnic-style Maori meal.
- Visit the old village Opotaka, where the legacy of the All Blacks most famous challenge, the haka was born.
- You will take home a unique gift as a memento of your day with the Ngati Tuwharetoa people, a piece of pounamu, which will be blessed during your Atamai experience.
- Use of all Lodge facilities and return Taupo Airport transfers, if required.
Junior Lodge Suite (on a double/twin occupancy basis) 2018/2019:
|Junior Lodge Suite||NZ$1,948.00
per person, per night
per person, per night
This Atamai Package is also available with accommodation at the Owner’s Cottage and Alan Pye Cottage. Rates can be provided on request.
All prices quoted are in New Zealand dollars and include GST of 15%. This offer is subject to availability.
*A festive season surcharge of NZ$400 + GST per person, per night, applies on 24 December (Christmas Eve), 26 December (Boxing Day), 31 December (New Year's Eve) and 01 January (New Year's Day). Festive season includes gifts, performances and entertainment, party decorations, French Champagne and fine wines, gourmet lunches and gala dinners, excursions and activities.
While every effort will be made to provide this offer in the form in which it is currently published, there could be last-minute changes due to circumstances beyond our control.